MAYA COSMOVISION WORKSHOP
May 28 – 31, 2020 at Anawasi (near New Glarus)
““I am very excited to bring Miguel Angel Vergara to Wisconsin for the first time! This Maya Elder holds a wealth of knowledge about Maya culture and traditions. If you are interested in receiving a fabulous introduction into this cosmology with a very experienced and wise teacher--This is a class you want to attend!””Ana Larramendi - email@example.com
The Mayan Codes and their books like the Popol Vuh and Chilam Balam De Chumayel, permit us to define and study this cosmovision in profound depth. Through rituals and ceremonies this knowledge is preserved, maintained, and kept alive throughout the continuum of the sacred and is what compels us and guides our personal spirit to seek the essence of what is truly ours.
At the workshop you will learn about:
- The Maya History of the creation of the world of humanity.
- The names and hieroglyphic representations of the Sun, Moon, and diverse constellations in relation to the oral Maya tradition.
- The extraordinary Maya calendars and their spiritual significance.
- The Solar Calendar of 365 days called HAAB
- The Lunar Calendar of 260 days called TZOLKIN
- The Calendar of the Long Count of 5,125 years.
- The Calendar of 52 Years called “TUMBEN-KAAK” or “FUEGO-NEUVO” (New Fire)
You will hear the marvelous story of the Aztec village in Wisconsin called Aztalan and the sacred pilgrimage from Aztalan to central Mexico where they founded the GRAN TENOCHITITLAN, now the historic center of Mexico City.
- Meditations of the Maya Mantras to activate our 7 seeds of creation or 7 chakras.
- Meditations and Maya Mantras to contact the sacred the essence of the 5 elements of Mother Earth.
- Maya meditations of transmutation, transformation and realization to obtain the actualized nature of the true human spirit “HALACH UINIK.
Dates/Times: Class Schedule:
- Thursday, May 28, 9am to 5:30pm
- Friday, May 29, 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday, May 30, 9am to 5:30pm
- Sunday, May 31, 9am to 1pm (includes brunch)
Cost: $635 (early–with deposit paid by April 10, 2020) $685 for all registrations after April 10, 2020. Class cost includes lunch/brunch. Lodging is not included. $200 deposit needed to hold your space.
Class size is limited, send your deposit early to hold your space. Final payment is due at time of check-in on May 28th. Payments can be made with Check, PayPal, VISA, MC, Discover, & AMEX.
For full details and how to register go to: https://www.thehollowbone.com/upcoming-events/